Several predefined user roles are available in your Orca account out of the box. When you assign a role to a user, you are granting them access permissions to perform specific tasks within the Orca platform.
New users are initially assigned roles at the time they are added to your Orca account. Please see the Add New Users to Orca article for more details.
- List of predefined user roles and permissions
- View roles assigned to existing users
- Assign roles to existing users
- Remove roles previously assigned to existing users
List of predefined user roles and permissions
A role limited to permissions for managing the operational components of the Orca platform, including:
This role has no permissions to the security components of Orca such as alerts, inventory, and reports.
View roles assigned to existing users
- Navigate to Settings ( icon) from the main menu on the left.
- Select Users & Permissions from the Settings submenu.
- Roles assigned to each user are listed in the “Permissions” column.
Levels of access are distinguished from one another by color, and a corresponding letter is assigned to indicate the type of role.
- V - Viewer for all or designated accounts only.
- E - Editor for all or designated accounts only.
- A - Administrator for all or designated accounts only.
Assign roles to existing users
You can assign more than one role to a single user according to their access needs. In addition, each role (Viewer, Editor, and Admin) can grant access permissions to all cloud accounts at once, or only the ones you choose.
To assign a new role to an existing user, click the vertical ellipsis to the right of the user’s row, and select Add Permissions.
From the Role dropdown menu, select the appropriate role and click Add permissions. The user will be granted permission to perform certain actions for all connected cloud accounts.
To make role permissions effective for specific cloud accounts only, deselect the All Cloud Accounts checkbox to reveal a list of cloud accounts you can select individually.
Remove roles previously assigned to existing users
You can remove assigned user roles by clicking the x symbol next to the role in the "Permissions" column. When prompted, click Yes to confirm your intent.